Whitepapers, position papers & further papers of FIR & Cluster Smart Logistik
Downloadable information from us for you!
Are you interested in further information from our company?
Then simply subscribe now to one or more of our topic-specific newsletters.
Whitepapers, position papers & further papers in chronological order (English)
- FIR-Edition "Aachen Digital Architecture Management (ADAM). Your Guide to the Digitally Connected Enterprise" (2021)
Connected digitalization as an enabler for intelligent products and data-based business models presents companies with a whole range of diverse challenges on their path to digital transformation. To support these companies, various reference architecture models have been developed in recent years. A detailed analysis of these models, and their usage by companies in particular, has quickly shown that currently existing reference models have significant limitations when applied in practice. The Aachen Digital Architecture Management, ADAM for short, provides a framework that addresses the weaknesses of existing reference architectures while incorporating their strengths. As a holistic model specifically developed for practical usage, ADAM structures the digital transformation journey of businesses in the areas of digital infrastructure and business development based on customer requirements. It empowers companies to drive forward the design of their digital architecture under consideration of various fields of action. The description of the fields of action offers a detailed insight into the essential tasks on the path to becoming a digitally connected enterprise. The model not only serves as a structuring support, but also contains a toolbox that helps to configure the digital transformation process. The process differentiates between the development of a digitalization strategy and the implementation of a digital architecture. Three different case studies show how ADAM is used in practice, what structuring support it offers, and how the digital transformation process can be configured. The breadth and depth of ADAM enables companies to follow the path of digital transformation in a systematic and structured manner without losing sight of the value adding components of digitalization. This qualifies ADAM as a sustainability-oriented framework, especially as it places economic scalability, needs-based adaptation, and future-proof robustness of solution components at the heart of digital transformation.
- Expert Paper "Aachen Subscription Business" (2021)
- Whitepaper "How resilient is your service and product business" (Joint Study) (2021)
- Whitepaper "Lean Services 4.0" (2020)
- Whitepaper "Sales Service – Service technicans as the key to sales success" (2020)
- Whitepaper "Smart Maintenance – just do it!" (2019)
- Whitepaper "Blockchain – A step-by-step guide to implementation" (Roland Berger) (2019)
- Whitepaper "Developing IT Strategies" (2019)
- Whitepaper "Return on Maintenance. A paradigm shift in maintenance services due to Industrie 4.0" (2018)
- Whitepaper "Service Innovation. 6 principles for successful data-based service innovation in industrial businesses" (2017)
Whitepapers, position papers & further papers in chronological order (German)
For more documents in German, please visit the german version of this website.