Decision Model for the Selection and Prioritization of Benefit-optimal Business Analytics Projects in SMEs in the Manufacturing Industry
The aim of the 'BAValue' project is to optimize the benefits of business analytics, particularly in SMEs in the manufacturing industry, by means of a suitable decision model – mapped as a practical IT tool.
The research project 'BAValue' addresses the lack of evaluation options for companies when selecting and prioritizing business analytics projects.
'BAValue' has the goal of optimizing the benefits of business analytics, particularly in SMEs in the manufacturing industry, by means of a suitable decision model - mapped as a practical IT tool. To this end, the development of a concrete decision model will be accelerated in seven work packages (WP). In WP 1, current methods and potentials of business analytics will first be identified and structured. WP 2 focuses on the selection of potential BA projects in a business analytics canvas. In the following WP 3, cost drivers are identified, followed by the development of a methodology for the assessment of BA-related risks in WP 4. The development of a model to determine the benefit and value proposition is the subject of WP 5. The project concludes with the transfer of the findings into an IT tool in WP 6. The success of the project is ensured by continuous project management (WP 7).
Three key outcomes are targeted in the project:
- Development of an implementation roadmap for prioritizing and realizing benefit-optimal BA projects for SMEs in the manufacturing industry
- Development of a decision model for the selection and prioritization of benefit-optimal business analytics projects
- Development of a practical IT tool
Benefits for the Target Group
Overall, a decision model is to be developed which supports SMEs in particular in the realization of their BA projects - from systematic classification and description to optimization of company resources through benefit identification and prioritization. In this way, SMEs in the manufacturing industry will be enabled to position themselves competitively in the market in the future. Throughout the project, the (interim) results are transferred for direct application in practice.
- Celonis SE, München
- Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli GmbH, Aachen
- Friedr. Dick GmbH & Co. KG, Deizisau
- Hamberger Sanitary GmbH, Rosenheim
- HANSA‑FLEX AG, Bremen
- i4.0MC – Industrie 4.0 Maturity Center GmbH, Aachen
- Möhlenhoff GmbH, Salzgitter
- Müller Service GmbH, Aretsried
- Neopera Business Consulting GmbH, Bremen
- noltewerk GmbH & Co. KG, Greven
- RapidMiner GmbH, Dortmund
- Rudolf GmbH, Geretsried
- Service Management Partners AG, Zug, Switzerland
- TFE Energy GmbH, München
- tmax Germany GmbH, Mannheim
- VCUT GmbH, Gröbenzell
- WESO-Aurorahütte GmbH, Gladenbach
- Zentis GmbH & Co. KG, Aachen