Self-directed use of personal data with inherent privacy and data protection
The aim was to provide a data cockpit in which users are able to decide on the transfer and utilization of sensitive data. They are also able to formulate preferences for privacy protection. The cockpit provides information and assessments on personal privacy risks to accomplish a certain sensitization for that topic. If personal data are used for commercial purposes, users will have the opportunity to become involved in the proceeds by "Micropayment".
The aim of the project myneDATA was to create a personal data cockpit. Thus users are able to decide on the transfer and utilization of sensitive data and to formulate individual preferences for privacy. Users can collect and organize sensitive data in the personal data cockpit and they can offer data electively to prospects. The secure storage and the selective transmission of data was technically enabled by the use of advanced anonymization processes like "differential privacy". But users do not have to deal with these complex mechanisms. They only use the cockpit which has an intuitive user interface available. With that they can determine exactly who has access to which data and what it may be used for. The cockpit also provides users with information and assessments on personal privacy risks to accomplish a certain sensitization for that topic. If personal data are used for commercial purposes, users will have the opportunity to become involved with the proceeds by "Micropayment".
- aixtema GmbH, Aachen
- Berufsverband der Datenschutzbeauftragten Deutschlands (BvD) e.V. , Berlin
- Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems - COMSYS - Informatik 4, Aachen
- Dialego AG, Aachen
- formitas Gesellschaft für IuK-Technologie mbH, Aachen
- Forschungsstelle Datenschutz (FSDS) der Goethe Universität Frankfurt a. M., Frankfurt am Main
- Kundendienst-Verband Deutschland e. V. (KVD), Dorsten
- Lehrstuhl für Communication Science & Human-Computer Interaction Center, Aachen
- REGINA e. V. , Aachen
- synaix Gesellschaft für angewandte Informations-Technologien mbH, Aachen