Tool-supported approach for the establishment of a systematic spare parts management in SMEs of the manufacturing industry
The aim is to increase the profitability of SMEs in the manufacturing industry by developing a tool-supported decision-making aid for the implementation of systematic spare parts management.
Procedure / Work packages (AP):
- First of all, an as-is analysis of spare parts management in SMEs in the manufacturing industry will be carried out in order to derive relevant influencing factors from this (AP1).
- Based on the analysis, a target system will be developed and a maturity level model will be developed (AP2).
- Subsequently, existing methods and procedures will be analysed on the basis of a comprehensive literature search and several discussions will be held with members of the project-related committee (AP3).
- The next step is the creation of an impact diagram for systematic establishment on the basis of the previous analyses (AP4).
- Creation or programming of the online tool (AP5).
- Finally, the tool will be validated at different application partners and a guideline for operation will be created (AP6).
- The project processing will be continuously controlled by the project management (AP8).
- The dissemination of the results will also take place parallel to the course of the project (AP7).
Benefits for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs):
For SMEs, functioning spare parts management is the basis for successful external services and internal maintenance processes, since the information relevant for spare parts management is equally important for structuring services and maintenance processes. The implementation of these measures enables SMEs to identify the potential of the spare parts business, which contributes to increasing existing profit potential and at the same time to minimising internal costs and risks.
- aixtema GmbH, Aachen
- Bitkom e. V., Berlin
- Dahmen GmbH, Alsdorf
- DFA Demonstrationsfabrik Aachen GmbH, Aachen
- ETHEN ROHRE GmbH, Aachen
- European 4.0 Transformation Center GmbH, Aachen
- Kiepe Electric GmbH, Düsseldorf
- Next.e.GO Mobile SE, Aachen
- STADLER Anlagenbau GmbH, Altshausen
- TOP Mehrwert-Logistik GmbH & Co. KG, Hamburg
- Westaflexwerk GmbH, Gütersloh