The goal of AM4Industry was the development of a holistic cost-benefit-model which enables the user to decide whether or not to use Additive-Manufacturing-Technologies from an economic standpoint.
Initially a basic analysis of the value chain took place: Here the sub-processes with a focus on quality-improvement and the optimized implementation for small and medium-sized businesses were closely examined and optimized.
In order to achieve this, first a general cost-benefit-method and afterwards a specific one has been created to support the decision-process regarding additive-manufacturing-technologies. At the same time aspects of construction and optimization were examined across process-chains.
Additionally the continued enhancement of certain additive-manufacturing-technologies was discussed. The results of each working package are validated with use-cases across projects, which are defined by the committee accompanying the project.
The project strived to achieve the following results:
- Holistic model for implementation including construction, manufacturing and refinishing of high-value components constructed with additive-manufacturing-technologies.
- Cost-Benefit-Model supporting decision making.
- Establishing guidelines for the manufacturing of optimally cooled tool inserts for injection-moulding-machines.
- Extension of applicability of ceramic-components manufactured with additive-manufacturing-technologies.
Benefits for small and medium-sized businesses
Especially manufacturing businesses could benefit. Firstly the cost-benefit-model supports businesses with the decision of which parts a change of production-technology is economically worthwhile.
Furthermore an implementation into the production is facilitated by the holistic approach and therefore the eased realization of individual production or the access to new markets. This can lead to a higher economic feasibility in businesses.
- Machinery and Plant Engineering
- Production Management
Funding no.179 EN
Funded by Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy with decision of German Bundestag.