The aim of the project is to ensure data quality, in particular for production control and production controlling, by applying data fusion and decision fusion methods to operational feedback data.
Based on a requirement analysis for data quality and the granularity of the solution with the project committee (WP 1), an information requirements analysis for production control and production controlling will be carried out (WP 2). This also defines a target process for recording feedback data. Subsequently, an analysis of data fusion and decision fusion procedures will be performed (WP 3) and typical available information and information sources will be researched. These are then assigned (WP 4) with regard to the data structure and the requirements of the various data fusion methods. The results will then be validated with a special focus on data quality criteria. WP 6 comprises the preparation of a guideline which summarizes the results (in particular process, data sources and method of data fusion) and offers a selection aid for user companies as well as for developers of operational application systems.
The project aims at three key outcomes:
- Definition of criteria for the quality of operational feedback data
- Transfer of data fusion methods to the acquisition of feedback data from manufacturing companies
- Assignment of use cases and methods in the form of a selection aid
Benefits for SMEs
The project results in an increase in information transparency for the operative execution of orders. This is achieved by defining quality requirements. In addition, an increase in data quality is achieved through the application of the developed solution/classification. This simplifies decision-making processes in production control and production controlling, as well as for the collection of key performance indicators.
- AUTO HEINEN GmbH, Bad Münstereifel
- Berghof Systeme e.K., Königsee
- DFA Demonstrationsfabrik Aachen GmbH, Aachen
- INDUTRAX GmbH, Hilden
- Maschinenfabrik Möllers GmbH, Beckum
- Mattern Consult Gesellschaft für Produktionsregelung und Logistik mbH, Ense
- mk Plast GmbH & Co. KG, Monschau
- NETRONIC Software GmbH, Aachen
- SICK AG, Waldkirch
- Ubisense AG, Düsseldorf
- Westaflexwerk GmbH, Gütersloh
- Machinery and Plant Engineering
- Production Management
JRF Guiding Topic
- Society & Digitization
Funding no.20579 N
The IGF project 20579 N of the Research Association FIR e. V. at the RWTH Aachen University was funded via the AiF within the framework of the programme for the funding of cooperative industrial research (IGF) by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi) on the basis of a resolution of the German Bundestag.