The aim of the research project “E2E-Parameter” is to enable companies in a supply or process chain to exchange data across companies.
In steel processing, one company usually corresponds to one process step. Each company requires its suppliers to meet very strict tolerances in order to in turn meet its own strict tolerances. This leads to a high reject rate of intermediate products and costly controls. However, the exact product characteristics of all products are not known, because the checks are only carried out on a random basis for a complete delivery.
By empowering the participants in a supply or process chain, transparency regarding the exact product properties is achieved. The exact product properties can be used for adaptive process control: Machine parameters can be set specifically for each product. Thus, tolerances for suppliers can be extended as well as own tolerances can be met more precisely.
A platform for inter-company data exchange along a supply or process chain.
Benefits for the target group
By having access to accurate product properties and specifications of the intermediate products
- a basis for adaptive process control is formed;
- ensures that wider tolerances can be applied;
- the number of regular checks is reduced;
- the understanding of the relationship between process parameters and product properties is improved.
Thus, cost savings can be achieved, the flexibility of the processes can be increased and the quality of the products can be improved.
- Institut für Bildsame Formgebung (IBF) der RWTH Aachen, Aachen
- Advaneo GmbH, Düsseldorf
- AMSIT – Gesellschaft für angewandte Mikrosystemtechnik und Informationstechnologie mbH, Aachen
- Fischer Fertigungstechnik für Metall- und Kunststoffartikel GmbH & Co. KG, Gütersloh
- Graepel Löningen GmbH & Co. KG, Löningen
- GRIS UMFORMTECHNIK, Herscheid
- KODA Stanz- und Biegetechnik GmbH, Holzwickede
- Präschu Umformtechnik – Präzisionsteile Franz Schulz GmbH, Bretzfeld
- ZINQ Technologie GmbH, Gelsenkirchen
- Production Management
JRF Guiding Topic
- Society & Digitization
- Industry & Environment
Funding no.21590 N / 2
The IGF project 21590 N / 2 of the Research Association FIR e. V. at the RWTH Aachen University is funded via the AiF within the framework of the programme for the funding of cooperative industrial research (IGF) by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK) on the basis of a resolution of the German Bundestag.
Der Abschlussbericht zu diesem Forschungsprojekt ist über den FIR e. V. an der RWTH Aachen – epub(at)fir.rwth-aachen.de – erhältlich.