Lecture Course “Service Design & Engineering”
Lecture Course by Dr.-Ing. Gerhard Gudergan
Service Design & Engineering is an exciting course at the FIR that deals with developing and designing services. A special advantage of the course is that it is not only theoretical, but very practice-oriented and carried out in collaboration with a well-regarded project partner.
In the summer semester 2023, the partner will be KUKA.
KUKA is one of the world's leading suppliers of intelligent robotics, plant and system technology and is driving digitalization in industry. You will have the opportunity to solve real problems, based on a case study, and win great prizes.
Designing new services is of increasing importance for companies both to develop successful business strategies and to develop and implement new and successful business models. The objective of this class is to introduce into a comprehensive set of methods and tools which guide through the design of new services. We will have a focus on management questions and will take a framework which organizes the different tasks to design a new service concept within the context of a new business model. There will be a specific focus and a stepwise methodology to systematically designing innovative services. We will learn why and when to use the different methods, and will learn how to manage the overall design process. Theoretical concepts are not only taught, but practical skills and abilities are also taught that can be applied in the workplace.
As already mentioned, the class is case-study based. The industrial case study will be introduced by KUKA, and we will solve the given problem in a team based approach.
After participating in this course, participants shall…
- Acquire a sound understanding of the importance of new services for successful business strategies and new business models
- Differentiate various understandings of new service design and engineering - Acquire competences to successfully manage a new service design project and process
- Structure the design process and integrate with other corporate functions such as marketing and engineering
- Argue about future trends in the service industry
- Make new connections with a reputable company and successfully solved a case study
Become part of this unique course and learn everything you need to know about Service Design & Engineering!
The course will be held at the FIR institute in English. Concerning common questions on the organisation of the lecture course “Service Design & Engineering” feel free to contact:
Anna Hover or Franziska Sommer
Further information can be found here.