Supporting Global Research for IMS2020 Vision
Ziel war die zukunftsorientierte Entwicklung intelligenter Produktionssysteme und Strategien für das Jahr 2020.
As clearly state by many experts and European Technology Platforms, Europe needs to develop a new manufacturing strategy based on research and innovation to keep its competitive advantages on low-wages countries. In order to achieve this goal, new approaches to manufacturing are required, for innovating European manufacturing from inside. Since 1995, the Intelligent Manufacturing Systems initiative supports and provides innovation in manufacturing.
IMS2020 aimed at strengthening international co-operation under the IMS initiative, providing an effective interface to ongoing European road-mapping activities and creating research synergies at international level through establishment of inter-regional manufacturing communities in the five Key Areas of Activity of IMS.
IMS Key Areas are five priority topics that have been identified for international cooperation among IMS participant regions:
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Energy efficient manufacturing
- Key technologies
- Clemson University , Clemson
- Comau S.p.A., Grugliasco
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFA), Lausanne
- Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETH), Zürich
- European Committee for Standardization (CEN), Brüssel
- Fatronik, San Sebastián
- Holcim, Zürich
- Istituto di Tecnologie Industriali e Automazione (ITIA), Milano
- Joint Research Centre (JRC) - Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS), Seville
- Keio University, Tokyo
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) , Trondheim
- Politecnico di Milano, Milano
- Rockwell Collins, Cedar Rapids